Search This Blog

Friday, February 22, 2013

Staying true to you! Mackie Atteberry Talks Confidence, College, and Career!

Mackie Atteberry at a Runway Show!
Mackie Atteberry graduated from Barbizon Midwest when she was 17 in 2009 from the Schaumburg, Illinois location. Not only did Barbizon give her the confidence to succeed in the industry, but also to succed in life, as she will be graduating college this May!

What do you remember about being a student at Barbizon Midwest?

"What I remember about being a student at Barbizon is my first time walking in and seeing all the movie posters on the walls of graduates who had success in the industry. It was great to have one on one time with a teacher who was able to be patient with me and teach me skills that I would carry with me for the rest of my life; whether it be how to walk the runway, read a monologue, or just do my make-up, they were all skills I've taken and adapted in years since then."

What did Barbizon Midwest do for you; what did you gain from your Barbizon Midwest experience?

"What I gained from my Barbizon experience is confidence. I learned not to be ashamed of who I am or what I want to do with my life even if that is something that not a lot of people get the opportunity to do."


Mackie Atteberry at a Runway Show!
What have you been doing since graduating Barbizon Midwest?

"Since graduating I've been doing a majority of runway shows and hair shows; these are my favorite things to do! I've actually made a few contacts at Pureology through the hair shows and have made some relationships and friends that, otherwise, I would not have. I'm also earning my Bachelor's degree in Communications - Public Relations and am proud to say that I'll be graduating in May!"

Do you have any upcoming projects? What are your hopes for the future?

"The biggest upcoming project I have right now is getting a job upon graduation... so if anyone out there needs/wants an Event Planner or Public Relations Practitioner, let me know! I'd love to talk to you about employment opportunities =D!! Besides that though, my hope for the future would be to continue to work in the industry, build myself a successful career and have a family."

What advice would you offer to current Barbizon Midwest students/graduates pursuing a career in the industry?

"The most important piece of advice that I would offer to current students or graduates would be just one thing, don't forget who you are. Stay true to yourself in all that you do - whether it be in the industry or not. If you change who you are to get what you want then you won't ever really enjoy everything you've worked for because it won't be real, true YOU. So that's it. Stay true to yourself."

Thank you so much Mackie for checking in with us, talking about your Barbizon Midwest experience, and offering advice to our students and graduates! We wish you much happiness and success, and are always here to support you!





Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!