Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Rachel Kehl Checks In and Offers Advice!

We recently had the opportunity to catch up with Barbizon Midwest graduate Rachel Kehl and talk to her all about what she has been up to and more importantly what she has learned and her advice.
Rachel Kehl

The Beginning of Barbizon
Rachel attended Barbizon in the fall through spring of last year and was eager to reveal to us what she learned. 

Rachel states, "Not only did I learn proper runway walking (which I was in desperate need of), but I learned a lot of things like skin care, make-up techniques, interviewing skills and so many other things that apply to the everday working person."

Walking the Walk
Rachel's first audition upon graduating was for a Redken hair show. She recalled her teachers at Barbizon advising her not to do too many hair shows so as to not damage her hair or change to drastically and need to redo headshots. "Naturally I was nervous going in," Rachel explains, "but I ended up being chosen and my hair was barely changed at all! I got to meet amazing people and have my first real runway experience at age 16!"

After Redken, Rachel had another fantastic experience working for Alterna hair company in May. Following those hair shows she did not see a lot of work until a few months ago. "In September my modeling career exploded with movie auditions and hair show auditions, and the most important thing I did to make this happen was continue to contact my agent at Royal," she clarifies. 

Rachel's Advice:
"Every month or so shoot your agent an email and ask them if there is any work for you. After you successfully land a job, contact them about your experience and thank them for the opportunity."

Talking The Talk
As of working right now, Rachel just wrapped filming on the set of "Dhoom 3," an Indian film set in Chicago. 
Rachel Kehl

Rachel:"When I got the email from Royal Model Management I was beyond thrilled. I drove three hours (with the assisstance of my mother) for the audition for them to talk to me for thirty seconds and then leave. I was quite discouraged that they wouldn't want me until I got an email from the casting director saying they wanted me! I began filming with them in September as an extra, and I was immediately made a featured extra. You can just imagine my excitement when I realized I was going to be seen on the screen. They asked me back for some more extra work and as soon I got there they gave me a speaking role! I was sent off to hair, make up, and wardrobe and the crew there treated me like a star. Once I got on set I felt amazing. Everyone was polite and knew my name. They offered me water and helped me learn my lines. It was a fantastic thing for me to do and I got to meet people who I am sure I will keep contact with for a while to come. I am hoping to continue modeling and acting in the near are far futures and I plan on seeing where this path takes me in life."

Rachel's Advice:
"For anyone my age going into this industry: keep up on your school work. Don't let your academics suffer because of your career. I know that there has to be some give-and-take but failing your classes isn't going to get you much of anywhere. Luckily I have managed to work out a successful system with my principal/teachers that I receive all assignments before the dates of absence and it seems to work effectively."

Rachel also stated, "I know that it would not be even close to possible for me have gotten even nearly this far without my parents' undying love and support for what I do."



Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!